Dear Banning Lewis Ranch Homeowners,
In order to make the process of repairs from the hail storm on July 28th, 2016 as painless as possible for the residents of Banning Lewis, the following rules will apply to all residents who are in need of siding, roofing, landscaping and fencing repairs:
1. If you are replacing your vinyl siding with any grade of vinyl siding and it is the same, or very similar in color, you do not need to submit anything for approval. If there is a color change (i.e. from tan to blue), you will need to submit for approval.
2. If you are replacing the vinyl siding with cement siding (James Hardie type of siding) or stucco and you are not changing the color, you do not need to submit a request for approval. If you are changing the color (other than just a slight color variance, i.e. light tan to dark tan) you will need to submit for approval.
3. If you are replacing the roof with the same or upgraded roofing and not changing the general color or material, you do not need to submit for approval. If you are changing the color or material (i.e. from gray to red or asphalt to tile), you will need to submit for approval.
4. If you have damaged fencing that needs to be replaced, it must be replaced with the same exact fencing, color and style. Keep in mind that if you stain your fence, it must be a clear coat stain, no colored staining is allowed. If your fence borders a common area, i.e.: tracts, drainage easement, parks or common areas are considered District common areas, it will be evaluated and if need be, replaced by the Metro District. If the fence was wholly installed by the homeowner or Builder as part of your purchase (such as a corner lot) then it is the homeowner’s responsibility to replace the damaged fence. Again, the fence must be replaced with the same exact fence. If you have a shared fence with your neighbor, you must coordinate repairs with your neighbor.
5. All landscaping minimum requirements will remain in place. If you are replacing landscaping with same materials and locations, you do not need to submit anything for approval. If you will be replacing landscaping with different material, location of material, sizes, types or adding to what has been previously approved, you will need to submit a design review application.
The Initial Design Review Application is on the website, banninglewisranch.com under Community and then Documents and Guides. The application can be submitted by fax (719) 578-5611, emailed KOerter@msihoa.com or email@example.com or sent to the MSI office: Attn: Karen Oerter, Banning Lewis Ranch, 8610 Explorer Dr., #130, Colorado Springs, CO 80920. The turn-around time for the application will be as fast as possible, but it will take a few weeks to get them processed and returned to the owner. Updated information will also be posted on this website as it becomes available along with informational communications from the YMCA and Citizens Advisory Board.
Please notify the Design Review Committee by October 15, 2016 if you have hail damage and are not able to complete the repairs so your property can be placed on a monitoring schedule.
Banning Lewis Ranch Metropolitan District
c/o MSI, LLC
8610 Explorer Dr., Suite 130
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
(719) 260-4545 or (719) 578-5610
Fax: (719) 578-5611